Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Cookies

12,001 reasons why I love Christmas. This is at the top of my Christmas cookie list, although my grandmother's brown butter cookies were so amazing. I have found other recipes but nothing comes close to hers...let me know if you know a good brown butter cookie! As you make cookies, keep this one in mind!

The Holidays, good food, lots of it, and the stuff we never make the rest of the year. The local flavors here are the best. Biscochitos, empanadas, posole, you name it. I am just a gringo, and wouldn't pretend to tell how it is supposed to be but most of my recipes are from my friends in the know and this is a great Biscochito recipe. Yummy!


Biscochitos
2 cups shortening
1 ½ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 TBSP vanilla
2 tspn anise seed (I use more)
6 cups flour
3 tspn baking powder
½ cup water
1 tsp salt
cream sugar and shortening, add anise and beaten eggs. Sift dry ingredients and mix in, add water. Roll out and cut with fancy cookie cutter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake 400 for 12 min.

No comments: